Here's everything you need to know to setup your new RentShare account as a tenant! Links will take you to other pages within our Help Center.
1.) Sign up!
First go to RentShare.com on your browser and click "Sign Up" in the upper right hand corner.
- Use your legal first and last name- make sure it matches what information your landlord has!
- Add a valid email address you check regularly
- Select a password
- Enter your access code (if applicable). If you don't know what we're talking about, skip it!
2.) Enter your address!
- Enter the address you are paying rent for, including your unit or apartment number. MUST be a U.S. Address
- Double check the spelling of the street name and city, and your zip code. This information is key! Your landlord won't know its a rent payment without the correct rental address.
- If you receive a 'Your address wasn't found' or was invalid, please follow the troubleshoot instructions here.
3.) Enter your rent amount & select your rent due date!
NOTE: this may not be asked of you if your landlord has already entered the amount due and due date on their side.
- Input the amount dictated in your lease
- Select the first date your landlord expects your rent to be sent in.
4.) Add a payment method!
You will be given the option to add a bank account or a debit/credit card.
- Add your bank account! Please be aware it takes 1-2 business days to receive the micro-deposits necessary to verify your bank account.
IMPORTANT: Any payment made with a bank account cannot be processed until your bank account has been verified.
- Add a credit or debit card to pay instantly!